Every call begins with a customer’s expectations and predispositions. Every agent impacts a customer’s impression of your brand. The critical link between expectations and brand impact is human communication – a highly dynamic and complex interplay of linguistic and non-linguistic messages. Moreover, the quality of agent-customer communication can make or break your reputation. This is where our Science Lab enters the equation.
The Ideal Dialogue Science Lab houses our research and development initiatives. Dedicated to advancing the communication arts and sciences in our industry, the Science Lab uncovers the critical relationship between the human factor and optimal performance, such as award-winning customer satisfaction, increased sales, and gains in customer retention.
Guided by the rigorous standards of the scientific method, the Lab maps the complex relationships involving human behaviors, communicative dispositions, unique call drivers, and customer perceptions. Through multiple methods of research, the Lab creates, tests, and validates innovative and impactful solutions for the customer support industry.
Click to meet our
James Keaten, Ph. D.
Chief Science Officer
Sample Insight From our Research
- Sales and customer satisfaction are driven by building authentic engagement. Seek first to engage.
- Understanding the difference between customer perception of brand, product, and agent is critical to prioritizing actions.
- Managing the right metrics leads to the right results.
- Average handle time does not necessarily correlate to customer satisfaction.
- Engagement skills can be trained, but an agent can’t be trained to want to engage.
- Leadership sets the environment for engagement. How leadership engages with team members (and each other) is how agents tend to engage with customers.